The City of Nowata Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or status in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, and compensation.
The Nowata PD is accepting applications for a full-time Police Officer. We are a small town located 20 miles from Bartlesville and 50 miles from Tulsa. We’re looking for officers that are community oriented and are able to work in a small town.
The Nowata PD now offers a sign-on incentive for new hires: $2,500 bonus at hire and $2,500 bonus after one full year of service. Uniforms are supplied, including Class A and B, vest, gun belt and firearm.
- Full time CLEET certified
- Experience and capable of working one officer per shift
- 21-45 years of age
- A citizen of the United States
- Certified High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License
- Driving record acceptable to city insurance
- If military, must have an honorable discharge and able to provide DD214
- Have no felony convictions or domestic violence incidents
- Suitable emotional stability
- Must pass MMPI testing
- Must pass physical exam and pension physical
- Must pass background investigation
- Competitive salary - starting hourly rate of $17.50 per hour
- 12-hour shifts: four days on – three days off / three days on – four days off
- Insurance – health, dental, vision, life and AFLAC
- Oklahoma Police Pension and Retirement System (OPPRS)
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick leave
- Overtime pay
- In-car computers with OLETS, GeoSafe and digiTICKET
- In-car video and body camera system
- Take home vehicle program (must live within 25 miles of city)
Interested officers may send an email to Chief Mike McELhaney at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 918.273.3538.
The City of Nowata doesn't manage the application process, hiring selection, or the availability of employment within private and public employers that are not associated with the government of the City of Nowata. These links are only available to serve as a resource to help you find your next career in the City of Nowata.
Operated by the State of Oklahoma Employment Security Commission
210 NE Washington Blvd.
Bartlesville, OK 74006
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Telephone: (918) 332-4800
Fax: (918) 333-3610
Thank you for your service to our country, our state and our community.